Wednesday, August 10, 2005

In the Heart of Our Commonwealth
"Hola Amigos," writes Nate Gates.

Been booking some shows at a BYOB coffee shop here in Central Pa. with pretty good turnouts and would like to book some of the folks from the circle to do some shows with some locals.


Nate writes that it's a tips-only affair, but that the tips can get good. He also put in his phone number for a contact, which I left out. But we'll get you in touch if necessary.

P.S. Billy Joe Shaver, who Willie Nelson and myself feel is the best songwriter alive is playing Club Cafe on Thursday, Aug 11 (Tomorrow night!). I saw him in November and it was by far the best show I've ever seen. I personally believe that he is as good as Johnny Cash.


Better, I'm sure, now that Johnny Cash is dead. That aside, I don't know much about Billy Joe Shaver except for the song "Georgia on a Fast Train," which might be the best song ever written.

0 Comments:

<< Home