Thursday, September 29, 2005

Robert's Weekend

The only thing missing is a couple of daytime workshops. Read on and find out what's happening in Robert Wagner's world.

Friends,

I'm playing a couple of shows in the area this weekend.
Friday, I'm at the Borders in Monroeville. 7:30 pm
Also on Friday, Jack Erdie is hosting a JOHN PRINE Tribute at The Starlite as part of The Threepenny Opry. I'll be rushing over after the Borders thing to play a few tunes and enjoy the festivities.

Saturday, I'm with John Wells at The Starlite Lounge as part of The Threepenny Opry series. 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm

If you, like me, watched that Scorsese thing about Dylan with great interest, you'll want to hear John Wells. John reminds me of Dave Van Ronk. He's an encyclopedia of musical knowledge and a compelling (though too real for some tastes) performer. John's music connects me to a world of characters and events as interesting and sophisticated as anything I've found in Dostoyevsky or Dickens, except it's music so twice as much fun. If I'm exaggerating, forgive me, but I'm a fan.

Sincerely,

Roberto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home