Friday, December 02, 2005

I Am Hermie
At least that's what someone told me about twenty years ago, even though I never aspired to be a dentist. Not that there's anything wrong with being a dentist.

We have a theme for Saturday, so basically we can focus our attention on one thing for a while and not have to face up to the Bruegelian intricacy, intimacy, and chaos that is our lives. The room will be quiet, mostly, except for the singers, and smoke-free. And, according to Robert, we might be accomplishing something good.

This Saturday, December 3, we're going to try to raise some money for Tree of Hope to provide toys and other forms of assistance for children of families affected by violence. The theme of the evening is SONGS FROM THE LAND OF THE MISFIT TOYS, a tribute to those who walk the road less travelled. Mike Lamont, Bob Wagner, Sue Gartland, Randy Hoffman, Mark Stroup, and possibly others. Music starts in the back room of The Starlite around 8:00.


Boy, do I feel like a misfit. Can't find one of my songs that I wrote and it's a talking blues so it's got about fifteen jillion words, of which I can only remember the theme. But I do have a medley based on a bunch of misfits named John. In the 3P spirit, think the Carter family in a Brecht play.

Anyway, if you're getting in the spirit check out Sixteen Serious Questions Raised by Rudolph. If you want to enter the colloquy, come see us on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home