Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Rock 'n' Roll Is Evil

I'm sorry I haven't been posting more often. Instead of tending to this blog, I've been busy touting my rock 'n' roll band, The Groove Pilgrims. We had a great debut at PD's on Forward in Squirrel Hill. Instead of playing topical songs I was swinging my hips and singing "sha-la-la-la-la."

Perhaps I have gone astray as Irwin Silber thought Bob Dylan did forty years ago. Silber took Dylan to task for putting on a leather jacket and putting down the civil rights movement banner. Forty years is a long time and Bob Dylan has taken a lot of turns and so has folk music. When Bob Dylan was twenty years old he could sound like an old man. Now he can sound like an old man.

Come to the Starlite Lounge and hear host Jack Erdie lead us in songs of life in the underworld, hard roads, and heartbreaks. Honored guests and performers include Frank Bienkowski, poet Annette Dietz, Peter King, Jon Ritz, Dave Wells, John Wells, Sam Flesher, and a few more.

More on Irwin Silber's Sing Out open letter can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home