Thursday, February 16, 2006

THIS SLACKER KILLED THE SING-ALONG THAT KILLS FASCISTS

Folks,

The sing-along could have been a wonderful event, had I been prepared. I owe everybody who attended, as well as Pete Seeger and the ghosts of Leadbelly and Woody, an apology. I did let myself get too busy to bring off the evening as I should have. I didn't learn most of the songs I played until the afternoon of the sing-along. I didn't even create an outline for the evening. So, please forgive me for limiting by omission what could have been a very memorable night. That we enjoyed it as much as we did betokens just how much finer it could have been with a little attention and care. I offer a special apology to Mr. Robison who came out specifically for the sing-along and who, to the best of my knowledge, had never attended a Three Penny Opry event before. And to the couple who had come for the sing-along, but left in a huff before the opening act was finished.

If I get another crack at organizing a show for 3PO, and I hope that I may, I give my word to come prepared. I would, in fact, like to try a variant on the same Sing-Along theme.

Your Servant in Song,
Jack Erdie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should get one of these...
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/this+machine/-/pv_design_prod/p_folkrocker.52665004/id_10583704/pNo_52665004/fpt_/opt_/c_/pg_

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home